Dear St. Edmundâ€™s,
As we approach the first weeks of the Easter term, I would like to thank the outgoing CR Central and Extended executives for their leadership and commitment to St. Edmundâ€™s College over the past year.
Whether this is their final year at Cambridge or they plan to stay further, we wish them the best in their future endeavors.
The upcoming months at St. Edmundâ€™s are sure to be very exciting and worthwhile. As exam term approaches, both academic and societal commitments are sure to increase. At St. Edmundâ€™s, the upcoming months will show new initiatives and levels of support that the newly elected CR representatives will be working hard to develop. Such immediate developments include:
- A comprehensive dining survey to be completed by all interested members
- Increased peer support opportunities and services available to members
- Enthusiastic student representation on College committees
- CR Executive meeting times and dates will be posted in advance and all interested members encouraged to attend
- More secure and open CR budget management
- Increased communication between CR Executives and members, beginning with an updated CR notice board to include contact information of each CR representative
- A comprehensive and fully updated website that will be actively promoted
This list is meant to relay only the most important and immediate actions of your new CR representatives and I personally invite all fellows and members to consider what role you would like the CR to play in your life at St. Edmundâ€™s. In addition to the actions listed above, please look forward to an increase in College gatherings, bops, and social opportunities.
I would also like to bring to your attention that nominations for the 2009-2010 Extended Executive positions (more information posted in the CR) are being taken this week. Afxentis, Ananya, Sahar, Ola, and I wish each of you the best in the coming months and look forward to the opportunities and challenges that this CR committee has before it.
On behalf of the 2009-2010 CR leadership,
St. Edmundâ€™s College CR